Privacy and Security
- Digital River, one of the most trusted names in e-commerce and Web-based technology, respects the privacy of our partners, clients and their customers.
- What is the Digital River Secure & Virus Free Guarantee?
- We guarantee your shopping safety. You can shop with confidence knowing that you are totally protected when you order through any Digital River network member.
Digital River Guarantees:
- You pay nothing if any unauthorised charges are made to your card as a result of shopping with us.
- Every software download is 100% virus free.
- All information that you provide while shopping is encrypted so no one can access or use personal information in an unauthorised manner.
So, you can rest assured when shopping with us because the Digital River Secure & Virus Free Guarantee provides the ultimate in shopping protection and peace of mind!
- Credit Card Protection
Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your bank holds you liable for any of this $50.00, Digital River will cover your entire liability, up to the full $50.00. Digital River will cover this liability only if the unauthorised use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made through a Digital River network member while using the Digital River secure server. In the event of unauthorised use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with their reporting rules and procedures.
- Virus Protection
In the unlikely event your software downloaded from a Digital River network member contains a virus, Digital River agrees to either replace the affected software or refund the purchase price plus any shipping costs associated with the affected software. Digital River's liability is limited to the replacement or refund of only the virus-infected software downloaded from a Digital River network member. Digital River will cover this liability only if the virus resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made through a Digital River network member while using the Digital River secure server. Digital River does not assume liability for any costs associated with repairing or replacing any computer components, hardware, additional software, computer files, or any other costs associated with repairing, replacing, or removing virus-infected files from your computer.
- Data Encryption
Because we accept sensitive information from shoppers (name, mailing address, credit card number and so on) Digital River uses VeriSign® Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect personal shopper information. This logic encrypts data being sent and received using high-level encryption technology. This technology assigns undetectable codes to data transmissions that only our server and shoppers can validate. This ensures that no external party can view the data.